If you’re hosting Thanksgiving dinner or are a guest who wants to bring a dish or gift to wow the crowd, here are a few places in Detroit to pick up your supplies:
- Eastern Market Tuesday Market: Just for Thanksgiving, Eastern Market will have a special Tuesday market, November 25th from 9am to 3pm. This is the perfect spot for picking up last minute fruits and vegetables, prepared foods, or table décor.
- The Mac Shack: Detroit’s most delicious macaroni and cheese is available in “take n bake” pans for the holidays, $30+ tax to feeds up to 15 people. Visit the Mac Shack Facebook page for ordering and pick up details
- Avalon International Breads: Midtown’s famous Avalon Bakery is the perfect place to pick up rolls for dinner, bread for stuffing, pies, cookies, and more.
- Detroit City Distillery: Stop in to Eastern Market’s Detroit City Distillery. Bringing a bottle of their homemade whiskey, bourbon, vodka, or gin is sure to make you the most popular guest at your holiday dinner!
- Motor City Wine: With an adjacent parking lot, it’s easy to swing by this Corktown wine shop for a great selection of well-priced wines.
- Bon Bon Bon: Hamtramck’s Bon Bon Bon chocolatier offers a wide variety of exotic flavor combinations like Bacon & Eggs and Gin & Juice. The shop is only open on Saturdays, so plan ahead or contact the shop to arrange an appointment.
- Chez Chloe: If you’re looking for a Thanksgiving dessert, a bit outside the ordinary, this Detroit baker has a whole line of custom lava cakes, including pumpkin spice. Visit the website for details on ordering (delivery only).
- Sweet Potato Sensations: Northwest Detroit’s own Sweet Potato Sensations serves up sweet potato pies, cakes, cheesecakes, and cookies. Call 313-532-7996 to order or visit their Facebook page for more information.
Gifts and Décor
- Fresh Cut Detroit: This Detroit florist raises her own flowers and greenery and is taking orders now for holiday centerpieces.
- Midtown Shopping District: If you’re in need of the perfect gift for the host/hostess, consider Midtown’s bustling retail corridor near the intersection of Cass Avenue and Canfield Street). This section of the neighborhood is home to several well-curated shops for the perfect gift at any price point. Be sure to stop in City Bird, Nest, Hugh, and Nora.