Want to shop local this holiday season?
It’s actually pretty easy. We put together our picks for the best Detroit gifts in every price range. No matter your budget, you’ll find something to check off your list.
$20 and Under
- Germack Roasted Pistachios $14.25 – Germack is the oldest pistachio roaster in the U.S. They are widely known for their nuts, but you can also find coffee, teas and spices at their Eastern Market shop too. Share in a bit of history this year by gifting a package of Germack roasted pistachios.
- The Lip Bar Liquid Matte in Curlfriend $13 – Shopping for a makeup lover? Then the Lip Bar has the perfect gift for you. Free of any weird chemicals and in an array of beautiful colors for every skin tone, the Lip Bar lipsticks are a perfect holiday gift.
- Atwater Beer Can Glass $5 – If you’ve got a beer lover on your list, pick up an Atwater Brewery’s “beer can glass” so they can enjoy their favorite lagers in style! And hey, at $5 a glass, you might even be able to pick up a few bottles of their favorite Atwater beer too.
- Build-a-Box of BonBonBons $3+ – For the person with a bit of a sweet tooth, nothing satisfies like a treat from Bon Bon Bon. Pieces cost $3 each and you can build your own box to have as many bonbons as you’d like. Try mix and matching some classic flavors with a few of Bon Bon Bon’s more unique or seasonal offerings.
- DCFC 2017 Season Scarf $20 – The Detroit City Football Club was founded in 2012 and quickly become a sensation in Detroit and across the country. For the soccer fan on your list, pick up one of their 2017 season scarves to keep them warm this winter.
- Michigan Cities Rocks Glasses $12 – Do you have friends who just moved to the city? Or maybe loved ones who are living far away? Help them celebrate cities from your favorite state this holiday season with these Michigan city rocks glasses from City Bird. If you head in-store, you may even be able to find Detroit neighborhood specific glasses.
- Goldeluxe Arc Stacking Ring $18 – Simple and elegant, these stacking rings from Goldeluxe are $18 a piece. Each piece is handmade here in Detroit.
- Tour of Detroit FREE – No, your eyes didn’t deceive you. This one is free! Detroit Experience Factory gives free walking tours downtown every Saturday. If you’re looking for a gift that will showcase all that Downtown Detroit has to offer, look no further. You’ll learn some things you may not have known and get to spend quality time with your loved one. They also host more specific tours at various prices. Take a look and see if there’s one that might be right for you!
- Two James Distillery Tour $15 – Take a tour of Two James distillery and enjoy tastings of 10 popular Two James spirits! Not only do you get a peek into the process behind your favorite spirits, but you can also buy a bottle of the ones you liked the best before you leave. It’s the gift that keeps on giving.
- Hernthology Mug $12 – Most coffee fiends in Detroit are probably familiar with Anthology, a coffee roaster in Corktown’s Ponyride complex. Equally as notable is one of their baristas, Hern, prominently featured on their “Hernthology” mug.
$20 – $45
- Pewabic Detroit Ornament $25 – Pewabic tiles and pottery have a rich history and can be traced back to the 1860’s. Many of Detroit’s historic homes and businesses feature Pewabic tiles. It’s literally built into the architecture of Detroit’s history. Gift your loved one a piece of that history with a Detroit ornament from Pewabic this holiday season.
- DITNB French Woodward Tee $29 – Roslyn Karamoko launched Detroit Is the New Black (DITNB) in 2014. Since then, she has been recognized by TIME magazine as “The Motor City’s Hottest Designer.” If you have a fashionista on your list that loves Detroit, a top from DITNB is the perfect gift. This specific variation showcases the brands signature five-word slogan, written in French.
- Detroit Rose Candle $24 – Detroit Rose candles are perfect for the friend or coworker who might need a little relaxation this holiday season. They are all natural soy wax candles made with premium fragrances. Plus, they’re just pretty.
- Sfumato Gravitas 8M $30 – Sfumato Fragrances are created by a husband and wife duo here in Detroit. Each scent is unisex and made completely of plants. Gravitas is a spicy scent with notes of chia, amber and mandarin. It’s the perfect scent to take into the holiday season.
- “Art in the Stations” Book $45- The art scene in Detroit has always been vibrant. If you have an art-lover on your holiday shopping list, consider some like the “Art in the Stations” book, which you can find at Detroit Mercantile Company. The book showcases the unique artwork designed for each stop at the People Mover stations.
$50 – $75
- Third Man Records Deep Cuts Sweater $60 – As most Detroit music lovers know, Jack White founded Third Man records in 2001. The first physical location was in Nashville, but in 2015, White opened the second location in Midtown. Jack White and his Third Man Records have made a huge impact on Detroit’s music scene. A Deep Cuts sweater from the store is a great gift option for any music fan.
- SMPLFD Bad Boys Jacket $70 – Shopping for a Detroit sports fan? Look no further. Even if they weren’t around in the late 80’s, a Detroit sports junkie probably knows who the Bad Boys are and will love wearing this retro inspired jacket.
- Detroit Barbers Little Shave Bag $50 – Shopping for a fella with facial hair? Look no further than the Detroit Barbers Little Shave Bag. He’ll get a safety razor, extra razor blades, shave oil, shave soap and a canvas tote to carry it all in.
- Membership to the House of Pure Vin Wine Club $75/month – A subscription to the Grand Cru Subscription will run you $75/month. It’s a pretty good deal when the subscription gets you four private wine tastings a year, a 20% discount in-store, initiations to private events at the store and two bottles of wine a month that are exclusive to members and not offered in the store. It’s the perfect present for any wine connoisseur.
- Signal Return Eastern Market Flower Print $60 – Signal Return is a letter printing shop in Eastern Market. Not only do they create custom posters, flyers, invites and other stationary for their customers, they also offer prints for your home, like this Eastern Market flower print.
- The Mendel Terrarium $220 – Pure Detroit sells these iron, glass and wood terrariums in their shops and online. Buy one and fill It with succulents to create a beautiful terrarium for your loved one.
- Shinola Runwell 47 MM $550 – You can’t have a Detroit gift guide without a Shinola watch on it, right? The Runwell is one of the brands best-selling watches and is available for men and women.
- Detroit Bikes A-Type $560 – If one of your loved ones is looking for a bike to commute around the city, try out this one from Detroit Bikes! The A-Type is their first model and one of the most popular. An added bonus? They’re the only bike manufacturer in Detroit.
- Rebel Nell Medium Pendant $150 – Rebel Nell is a handmade jewelry brand creating treasure out of what some may have considered trash – pieces of graffiti. Not only are they creating unique and beautiful jewelry, they employee disadvantaged women in Detroit and seek to empower them in life and business. Who wouldn’t want to be a part of that?
- 1701 Bespoke Gift Card $150 – Nothing is every as flattering as a garment made especially for you. 1701 Bespoke does just that – fit tailored clothing specifically for you. Not only are the clothes made for you, they use high-quality fabrics with modern fits and colors that will make your outfit stand out in the best way possible. Gift cards start at $150.
Whether you’re shopping with a $10 or $600 budget, Detroit has the perfect gift for you. Don’t forget to head out on small business Saturday to do some holiday shopping and support your local Detroit businesses.