Twice per year, we get to experience the excitement of Detroit Restaurant Week. The pasta. The meat. The seafood. The desserts. The ambience. Ahh.
All of us at Opportunity Detroit are excited to collaborate with the Downtown Detroit Partnership to present the spring edition May 1-10, 2015. Three-course dinners at 17 of Detroit’s most popular eateries will be offered for only $30 per person (excluding tax, gratuity and beverages). Specific menus aren’t available just yet, but we can give you an idea of the type of food and the atmosphere you can experience at each location. It’ll be hard to choose!
- Dining: The menu offers classic regional and American dishes made with ingredients from local vendors. Dishes like pan seared sea bass with basmati rice, fruit salsa and lemon burre blanc or starters like lollipop lamb chops with spinach, tomatoes, caramelized red onion and feta are just a couple of the menu items you’ll find.
- Atmosphere: Located inside the Westin Book Cadillac Hotel, you’ll find romantic lighting, an elegant bar and sleek dining space.
- Location: 204 Michigan Ave.
- Contact: (313) 964-3821
Andiamo Detroit Riverfront
- Dining: Specializing in Northern Italian cuisine, you can enjoy dishes like gnocchi, risotto or the unique roasted duck cannelloni with maple spiced sweet potato puree, caramelized onions, browned sage butter and amaretto drizzle.
- Atmosphere: Scenic views of the Detroit riverfront can be enjoyed thanks to its location inside the RenCen’s Wintergarden. Décor is sophisticated with cloth-draped tables and modern lighting.
- Location: 400 Renaissance Center (Suite A-403)
- Contact: (313) 567-6700
Angelina Italian Bistro
- Dining: From-scratch pasta, pickled vegetables and house smoked fish and meats are part of the menu inspired by classic Sicilian cooking. Popular items include Italian Wedding Bell soup with meatballs, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes and pecorino, as well as little neck clam fettuccine with house-cured bacon, mushrooms, spinach, tomato and garlic.
- Atmosphere: Floor-to-ceiling windows wrap around the dining area that overlooks Grand Circus Park, the Detroit Opera House and Comerica Park. There’s also a full bar featuring beer from Motor City Brewing Works and an antipasti bar with an open kitchen view.
- Location: 1565 Broadway St.
- Contact: (313) 962-1355
- Dining: Dishes like roasted quail stuffed with sweetbreads and foie gras or brussle sprouts with quinoa and lemon honey-roasted hazelnuts are just a couple of the options available at this contemporary French-American restaurant in the New Center area.
- Atmosphere: Inside an old house full of character, rich wood furniture, white tablecloths and blue goblets of refreshing water await you.
- Location: 670 Lothrop Road
- Contact: (313) 872-5110
Da Edoardo Foxtown Grille
- Dining: Appetizers like “The Stack,” features eggplant, mozzarella, tomatoes, basil and balsamic glaze while main dishes like veal saltimbocca with medallions of veal sautéed with white wine, topped with prosciutto, fontina cheese and mushrooms give you a real taste of Italy.
- Atmosphere: Located inside the Fox Theatre building, contemporary décor, soft lighting, music and large windows gives guests a classy front row view of Comerica Park and the hustle and bustle of downtown Detroit.
- Location: 2203 Woodward Ave.
- Contact: (313) 471-3500
Detroit Seafood Market
- Dining: It’s hard to talk about DSM without mentioning Chef Leonardo’s famous lobster mac & cheese made with five cheeses, lobster meat and topped with breadcrumbs. In addition, you can enjoy Maryland lump crab cakes, Alaskan king crab legs, seafood alfredo, and even chicken, steak and lamb dishes if someone in your party is not into seafood.
- Atmosphere: In the heart of Paradise Valley, an open floor plan with curved booths, ambient lighting and even private booths that feel like cabanas are available.
- Location: 1435 Randolph St.
- Contact: (313) 962-4180
- Dining: Appetizers such as coconut shrimp with walnuts and spiced mango sauce are available as well as entrees like pork tenderloin with apple puree, smoked red skin potatoes, seasonal greens and cider cream sauce. They also have an award-winning wine list!
- Atmosphere: In the heart of Campus Martius, the bistro has the best view of “Detroit’s gathering place.” Indoor and outdoor seating is available, so if the weather permits you can dine while watching the fountain dance with jets that shoot water 100 feet into the air!
- Location: 800 Woodward Ave.
- Contact: (313) 237-7778
The Grille Midtown
- Dining: How does a salad with baby arugula, shaved fennel, crumbled feta, grilled peaches, sundried cranberries and citrus rosemary vinaigrette sound? It would be a great beginning to an entrée of pan sautéed seasoned boneless chicken, shrimp, Andouille sausage, green onion, tomato, tri-colored peppers, spicy sauce and seasoned rice. A variety of options await you from the grill as well.
- Atmosphere: Images and fenders of classic cars grace the slate gray and white walls of this Midtown modern eatery. A full bar with seating is also available.
- Location: 3919 Woodward Ave.
- Contact: (313) 832-0892
La Dolce Vita
- Dining: Regional Italian cuisine with continental influences is featured at this Palmer Park district restaurant. Dishes like saffron ravioli pasta stuffed with lobster and palomino sauce or their Fettuccine Della Nonna with meatballs, mushrooms, marinara sauce and parmesan cheese are just a couple of delicious plates to try.
- Atmosphere: Besides their main dining room with romantic ambience, chandeliers and archways, LDV offers an outdoor patio with floral gardens!
- Location: 17546 Woodward Ave.
- Contact: (313) 865-0331
- Dining: Hand tossed pizzas, house-made mozzarella with Formaggi and Salumeri boards, bruschetta and truffle butter pasta are just a few of the popular dishes at this Corktown establishment. Handcrafted cocktails, seasonal draft beers and wine are also available.
- Atmosphere: Enjoy an eclectic environment inside with an urban eatery feel or hang out on the patio, fireside, with outdoor seating and a TV!
- Location: 1400 Michigan Ave.
- Contact: (313) 962-5500
- Dining: Prism published their prix fix menu online here. Soup, salad, hen, walleye, filet mignon and cheesecake are just a handful of the options available for this three-course special.
- Atmosphere: Located inside the Greektown Casino-Hotel, the contemporary setting has floor-to-ceiling windows, natural stone wall accents and a circular bar in the center of the dining room.
- Location: 555 E. Lafayette St.
- Contact: (313) 309-2499
- Dining: Famed chef Michael Symon’s signature Detroit restaurant was awarded “Best Steakhouse” by Hour Detroit Magazine, so be sure to check out the filet mignon, dry aged ribeye or porterhouse for two! Starters like grilled octopus and oysters are just a couple of the unusual and tasty options.
- Atmosphere: Roast is inside the Westin Book Cadillac Hotel and boasts a rustic and modern theme with dark wood, metal, glass and tones of red and copper throughout.
- Location: 1128 Washington Blvd.
- Contact: (313) 961-2500
- Dining: From baked lasagna and seafood pasta with shrimp and clams to king-size New York strip sirloin and minestrone soup, there’s a reason why this has been a hometown favorite since 1890.
- Atmosphere: As one of Eastern Market’s gems, Roma Café is Detroit’s oldest restaurant and draws you in from the outside with it’s red and white striped awning. Inside, formally dressed wait staff tend to your table surrounded by historic photos of Italy and arched windows.
- Location: 3401 Riopelle St.
- Contact: (313) 831-5940
- Dining: Besides traditional lamb dishes and “Opa!” inducing saganaki, the pastisio, made with macaroni, spiced ground meat, Parmesan cheese and Bechamel sauce is a tasty dish. Try their spinach pie or moussaka with layered eggplant, potatoes, sautéed onions and spices with a glass of wine for a Grecian culinary experience.
- Atmosphere: Located in the bustling Greektown district, the restaurant is dressed in cool Mediterranean blues and crisp whites in materials and textures that make you feel like you’re transported to the famous Greek island.
- Location: 501 Monroe Ave.
- Contact: (313) 962-9366
Top of the Pontch
- Dining: Recently winning awards from the Metro Times, the Top of the Pontch offers artfully prepared, locally sourced food. Try the Okonomiyaki, a traditional Japanese pancake made with lobster, crab, bacon, cabbage and puff pasta. Filet, lamb shank, and pork chop dishes are presented with ingredients indicative of the season.
- Atmosphere: Located on the 25th floor of the Crowne Plaza Hotel (formerly The Pontchartrain), two levels of seating with curved white chairs, a mirrored ceiling, large illuminated vases and panoramic views of the Detroit riverfront make for an elegant and modern environment.
- Location: 2 Washington Blvd.
- Contact: (313) 782-4313
- Dining: House specialties include beef wellington, with prosciutto-wrapped tenderloin, spinach, mushroom duxelle and pastry with a veal cabernet sauce. Don’t forget to finish off your meal with their award winning carrot cake with cream cheese buttercream icing, house made caramel sauce and candied walnuts.
- Atmosphere: Midtown’s iconic mansion is a unique setting, with charming rooms, stained glass windows, a grand staircase, ornate crown molding, and distinctive lighting. The former residence of the Whitney family also boasts a garden and their Ghost Bar so you can extend the dining experience for the evening.
- Location: 4421 Woodward Ave.
- Contact: (313) 832-5700
Wolfgang Puck Pizzeria & Cucina
- Dining: Antipasti, salads, handmade pastas, and of course, the famed chef’s wood-oven baked pizzas are available, along with domestic and international beer and wine. How does the wild mushroom pizza with goat cheese, leeks and arugula, sound? You can also select entrees like chicken piccata with sautéed spinach and lemon caper butter sauce.
- Atmosphere: Located inside the MGM Grand Detroit Casino, circles of light suspend from the high ceiling as you enjoy your meal surrounded by mirrored mosaic pillars. Tables, intimate booths and seating at the circular bar is available.
- Location: 1777 Third St.
- Contact: (877) 888-2121
For more information and updates on each restaurant’s menu and related events, visit DetroitRestaurantWeek.com. You can also “like” Detroit Restaurant Week on Facebook and follow @DineDRW on Twitter and Instagram. Which restaurants will you be visiting? Let us know about your experience below!