While Tuesdays are typically set aside for the taco enthusiast, October 4 is National Taco Day. If you’re looking for a way to celebrate this national phenomenon on a more local level, here’s a list of Detroit restaurants that are offering deals for the day and some Mexican restaurants that are worth the visit.
This first set of restaurants are in the holiday spirit and want to make sure they’re spreading the cheer! Here’s a list of restaurants offering specials in celebration of National Taco Day:
- Taco Bell – For National Taco Day only, Taco Bell is offering the National Taco Day Gift Set! Complete with four tacos for just $5, this gift set includes one of each: the Crunchy Taco, Fiery, Cool Ranch and Nacho Cheese Doritos Locos Tacos. You can even share the love with friends as Taco Bell is also offering digital gift cards so you can spread the taco wealth!
- Alley Taco – Located at 418 Willis in Detroit’s Midtown neighborhood, Alley Taco is celebrating National Taco Day with five tacos for $5.55! These tacos include one meat, cilantro and onions only. Unfortunately, there are no substitutions on this one-day deal.
- On The Border – Did someone say “endless tacos?” Although this restaurant isn’t located in the heart of downtown, it definitely deserves a mention for its Endless Taco offer in celebration of National Taco Day! If you happen to be a part of their e-club, for just $8.99, enjoy endless ground beef tacos or chicken tinga. Talk about a deal! If you aren’t a part of their e-club, it’s easy to join and receive confirmation in the same day.
These next restaurants, although having no confirmed deals for National Taco Day, will be sure to have taco options for all lovers on National Taco Day and beyond:
- Armando’s – Armando’s is located in Mexicantown (4242 Vernor Hwy) and is known for serving authentic Mexican cuisine. Whether dining in or carrying out, feed your taco cravings with yummy varieties such as veggie, beef or chicken – and don’t forget the guac!
- Calexico – In the heart of downtown Detroit (1040 Woodward), this Tex-Mex restaurant in a newbie in town. Regardless of its age, Calexico serves tacos with a flair. On the menu, the fried chicken taco and the Baja Tofu taco offer unique spins on classic favorites.
- Hot Taco – For a quick and easy taco fix, visit Midtown’s Hot Taco (2233 Park Ave). They offer reasonable prices and dine-in options, and your tacos are made to order right in front of you. Talk about fresh!
To learn more about National Taco Day, check out the National Taco Day website.