Techonomy returns to Detroit for the third straight year next Tuesday, September 16, 2014! The Techonomy Detroit conference brings together some of the brightest leaders and innovators from around the country. Speakers and panels will include experts and thinkers from a variety of industries including business, technology, government and academia.
The festivities begin at 6:00 p.m., Monday, September 15, with opening remarks at the Rivera Court in the Detroit Institute of Arts. Attendees will hear from David Kirkpatrick, founder, host and CEO of Techonomy, and Dan Gilbert, chairman of Rock Ventures and founder and chairman of Quicken Loans.
But the real action starts on Tuesday at 8:30 a.m. at the Wayne State Community Arts Auditorium and McGregor Memorial Conference Center. More than 50 speakers will take part in discussions on how technology can boost the economy and revive Detroit.
Here are some notable speakers of the 2014 Techonomy event:
- Phil Cooley, Founder and Visionary, Ponyride Detroit
- Jack Dorsey, CEO, Square; Chairman, Twitter
- John Gallagher, Business Reporter, Detroit Free Press
- Carol Goss, Former President and CEO, The Skillman Foundation
- Mary Ellen Hickey, Marketing Manager, Uber
- Beth Niblock, CIO, City of Detroit
- Bridget Russo, Marketing Director, Shinola
- Josh Linkner, CEO, Detroit Venture Partners